FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Antidote injecter and an idea.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » Antidote injecter and an idea.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelasa

Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Antidote injecter and an idea.

What about renaming the antidote injector to just 'an injector,' and then also have the medic shop sell a dermaltube, for use with the injector to regain lost blood.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Thus began the spread of blood-born contagions (ie. HIV). Because we all know no self-respecting Medic would put cleaning their tools at the top of their To-Do Lists.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:54 am    Post subject:

I don't think an injection would really do that....the I.V. bag sounds like a much more sound idea....when're we gonna get that anyways?

I mean, when someone loses alot of blood, you don't just give them an injection of blood...you have to give them like 1-3 bags of it. And we've already seen the reaction dermagel has to blood....bad.
 Back to top »
Kelasa

Post Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:25 pm    Post subject:

You never know what future technology is going to have Brenton, After all we don't have dermal regenerators these days, and any of the sci-fi shows I what don't show people hooked up to IV bags.
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject:

We do have the ability to grow skin though, so its possible to make a device that enhances the natural skin growth, things like the cardiostimulator though show that medical technology isn't *that* far ahead though, as they are similar to our current day, um....things. Sci-fi shows are generally thousands years into the future, ours is only a measely few hundred really. I would like to see IV's though....

Another thing someone once said to me was, perhaps we could put potions into our injectors, maybe it could enhance the effect a bit since its introduced right into the blood stream, that way the injector could actually be used in the way Kelasa suggested, by the Tincture of Healing. Obviously, it would be against the medic code to put poisons int oit...
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject:

If you get a better effect from being introduced directly into the blood stream, there should be a decrease in the time that the effect lasts. The potion would either a) dilute very quickly after a few round-trips through the body, b) be filtered out a bit faster, or c) both A and B.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject:

That'd work for me, whats it? Burn the candle at both ends and its gone twice as quick...seems good imo.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » Antidote injecter and an idea.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: