Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Wishes
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Artisans » Wishes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Shase

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 7:16 pm    Post subject: Wishes

Got wishes and ideas for artisans?!? Good, because here is a place to post them. How convenient?!?!

-- Shase
 Back to top »
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 9:56 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure how well it might work due to the whole QC step for items, but I would love for Artisans to be able to make items for me that have a more in depth LOOK verb too them. You know, to be able to see all of the finer details that can't be seen from across the area?

Right now, I'm kind of viewing the Artisan profession as "PC Alterers" in a way. Who know's, maybe the most experienced ones will actually fit that role later in their life. Smile
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I'm not sure how well it might work due to the whole QC step for items, but I would love for Artisans to be able to make items for me that have a more in depth LOOK verb too them. You know, to be able to see all of the finer details that can't be seen from across the area?

I'm working on the craftmanship part of the system, at the moment woodcarving in particular, Shase is in charge of the other artistic systems so I can't answer for those parts...

That being said, what you've described is pretty much how I'm working craftsmanship. Artisans, or those with enough skill, will be able to add specific LOOKs to the items they create, in addition to other details. If you have any other questions about craftsmanship specifically, please ask over in that folder and I'll be happy to answer all I can Smile

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
desiree

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:08 am    Post subject: maek-up and other things

Have not had all my coffee yet, so I may have to add to this later on.

It would be nice if artisans could create make-up for players based on the race and skin coloring. A cosmetician would be fun to play, selling make-up door to door or from a shop in their home. If someone was darju with blue skin tone and pale blue streaks, you could "study" the player and it would give you a list of lipsticks, nail polish, eye shadow, that would match or compliment them. Same with perfume, fake nails and so on. That way not all players would have the same color lipstick unless they buy it from a store, in which case the cosmetologist would know right away. Only certain colors and combinations could be created by the artisan. did that make any sense?

I was also hoping to see some jewelers! It would be fantastic if a player was allowed to create that special ring, armband or belly chain for other players or themselves. Then have a boutique set up in their house. They would be an expert on gems, rare gems and metals! *drools*

okay ...
I also like the idea of painting. Not sure how one would make money unless you could do potrait painting or painting pictures for someone's home, the bank, library or whatever.
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I was also hoping to see some jewelers! It would be fantastic if a player was allowed to create that special ring, armband or belly chain for other players or themselves. Then have a boutique set up in their house. They would be an expert on gems, rare gems and metals! *drools*

I can answer on this part whee! I do have jewelry making planned for the craftsmanship system. I've planned for it to be a pretty customizable system, so you could make your own chains and settings, polish and cut gems, etc. So that dream of becoming a jeweler is possible, just not at the moment Wink

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
HR-Arden

Post Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: maek-up and other things

desiree wrote:

It would be nice if artisans could create make-up for players based on the race and skin coloring. A cosmetician would be fun to play, selling make-up door to door or from a shop in their home.

Someone else had also mentioned this, and it sounds like it could be worth looking into. I'll have to do some research.

desiree wrote:

I also like the idea of painting. Not sure how one would make money unless you could do potrait painting or painting pictures for someone's home, the bank, library or whatever.

You'll be able to paint anything you want. There will be art dealers that will buy your work, or you could sell it to a friend. I've also considered having art shows, and perhaps an art gallery that you can rent space in. Other people can then see your work and buy it if they want.

I appreciate your suggestions. Smile

Arden
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ilyrana

Post Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 2:55 pm    Post subject:

well they be able to make jewlery? or cut stones to special shapes? ooh I'd like that. don't know if I might have missed if it might have been posted but it's a thought
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
well they be able to make jewlery? or cut stones to special shapes?

:points up at her last post: Very Happy

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
ilyrana

Post Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject:

HR-Morrigan wrote:
Quote:
well they be able to make jewlery? or cut stones to special shapes?

:points up at her last post: Very Happy

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
god smack me in the head, I must have missed that ... sorry. it was a bad day for me, my fience had been admited into the hospital because they thoght he had a heart attack. than the stupid doctors just left him laying in a room for 4 hrs. forgive me

but on the upside I can't wait to be able to make jewlery. I have so many different ideas! Very Happy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Artisans » Wishes
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: